Thursday, April 26, 2007

too bad

I was invited to a birthday bash tonight, so I went. When I arrived, they were in the middle of giving the ritualistic bumps and notwithstanding the fact that I barely knew the birthday boy (a mutual friend invited me) I joined in the fun. But to my horror, their attention somehow turned to me – I think owing to the fact that I was the only person there from the other wing, and that I arrived late – and they proceed to do what they had been doing to the unlucky kid. Besides, they even tossed me! And being light as I am, I almost crashed my skull into the ceiling, what with a dozen hyper buggers tossing me as if their life depended on it. And that was not it. My friend had a brilliant idea of bathing me in beer. Of course I didn’t mind that…I only resented the loss of a good bottle (it turned out, though, that they weren’t short on booze) I fail to understand why me! And that too when the exams are going to start on Monday and no one’s prepared! I’ll let it pass as a result of many sleepless nights spent in books. I need my coffee, and I need to start with ‘C’…wait. What is the syllabus?

No comments: